Our website is designed to familiarize you with Mattamy Homes Limited, Mattamy Homes Corporation and its family of affiliated companies (collectively, “Mattamy,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), including information about the communities where our homes can be found, home plans and available features. Our website also provides useful information regarding mortgage, insurance, escrow, and title services that are available through Mattamy Home Funding, LLC℠; Mattamy Homes Property Insurance Agency, LLC and Mattamy Title Agency, LLC. To learn more about the homes described on our website and how to purchase one, please contact the Mattamy Division in which the home is located or use one of the options provided on this website to Contact Us.
Some of our affiliated companies have separate and independent privacy policies and notices, which can be accessed on their respective websites. These affiliated websites include:
We encourage you to read the privacy policies on these websites to learn more about the manner in which these affiliated companies may collect, use or disclose and otherwise treat personal information.
II. Personal Information
How We May Collect and Use Personal Information
When you visit a sales center, purchase a home, use our website or other Services, or otherwise interact with us, we may collect and use personal information (i.e. information that identifies you, or may reasonably be associated with you). This personal information may include information you voluntarily provide to us which such as your name, email address, telephone number, home or other physical address, and other categories of personal information we set out below.
- Registration/Guest Registry: When you visit a sales center, and complete a registration/Guest Registry form or through your interaction with a Mattamy Homes New Home Counselor/Sales Agent, we may collect certain personal information such as your first and last name, mailing address, email address, and phone number (including information you choose to provide optionally, such as desired features and upgrades for your home, the number of household occupants, and other information).
The information you provide is used to better understand your needs, assist you in finding a suitable home and to send you tailored communications about Mattamy homes, products and services.
- Purchasing a Home: When you purchase a home, we collect personal information:
- when you complete an Agreement of Purchase and Sale for a residential property, including the name and contact information (such as email address, mailing address and telephone numbers) for each purchaser, purchase amount for the purposes of facilitating the residential property transaction;
- to provide you with homeowner updates and the status of your new home construction;
- to complete your requested home purchase, including working with your lender and settlement/title agent to finalize your loan; verify your identity by collecting valid government-issued identification such as your driver’s license;
- to provide the master developer and applicable homeowners associations and/or condominium associations and their agents information concerning you and your home purchase;
- when you register for a new home warranty plan or when you make a warranty customer care request;
- to provide you with customer satisfaction surveys; and
- to manage your relationship with Mattamy.
- Website Registration: We may require you to register for access to certain information, products and Services on our Website. At such time, we may request certain personal information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- Marketing Communications: When you purchase a home, complete a Guest Registry form or otherwise sign-up to receive marketing communications, we may use your contact information to send you tailored communications about our homes, communities, products, Services and promotions. We may also send you information about products and Services of third parties that may be of interest to you.
You can opt -out of receiving future marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in our email communications or by contacting us as set forth in the Contact Us section below.
We may also use services provided by third-party platforms (such as social media and other websites) to serve targeted advertisements on such platforms to you or others, and we may provide a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider for such purposes. To opt-out of the use of your information for such purposes, please send a request using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below.
- Survey and Customer Research: From time to time, we (or a third party on our behalf) may offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our surveys or customer research. We may collect certain personal information such as your name, email address and your responses to the survey questions. The information obtained through our surveys and customer research is used in an aggregated, non-personally identifiable form to help us understand our customers and to improve our Services, marketing, customer service and products. Aggregated survey results and individual responses may also be posted on our website and social media pages, without your name or contact information.
- Referral Services/Tell-a-Friend: If you choose to use one of our referral services to tell a friend about our Website or an employment opportunity, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will send your friend a one-time email on your behalf inviting him or her to visit the Website. We store this information for the sole purposes of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program, and we do not use the names or email addresses submitted in these circumstances for any other purpose without consent to do so. You are responsible for ensuring that you only submit email addresses of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive the message.
- Customer Service: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name, address and a telephone number) along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment or complaint (for example, lot number, warranty enrollment number, etc.). We may retain this information to assist you in the future, to improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Services, and to enhance your experience with our Services. We also use personal information to establish and manage our relationship with you and provide quality customer service.
- Careers: If you visit the career section of the Website, we may also collect information you provide on applications (such as that contained in a resume, cover letter or other similar employment-related materials) when you upload your application or otherwise communicate with us electronically. We will use your personal information in connection with your employment inquiry, any application for employment you submit, obtaining background information about you and to process and respond to your application for current or future employment opportunities.
- We may use personal information for any purpose otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
How We May Share Personal Information
To the extent permitted by law, your Personal Information that we collect may be shared with the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers: Your personal information may be shared with (or otherwise made available) to our affiliates and other third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we use service providers to provide services such as maintaining our Website, hosting our job application form, providing services related to our Website, collecting and analyzing customer satisfaction data, and sending electronic mail or other functions related to our business and services. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not generally authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. However, service providers that send, administer or analyze customer surveys are permitted to use, transfer, disclose and sell aggregated and de-identified information for their own purposes, provided that they take steps to ensure that individual customers cannot be identified through the use of that data.
Your personal information may be maintained and processed by us, our affiliates and other third-party service providers in Canada, the U.S. or other jurisdictions. In the event personal information is transferred to the U.S. or other foreign jurisdiction, it will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and may be disclosed to or accessed by the courts (or related parties), law enforcement and governmental authorities in accordance with those laws.
- Affiliated Companies: We may provide your personal information to our affiliated companies if they are working with you to finance or close your purchase of a home or to obtain insurance on the home you are purchasing. We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies, including Mattamy Home Funding, LLC℠, Mattamy Homes Title Agency, LLC, Mattamy Homes Property Insurance Agency, LLC, West Villages, LLLP, Beachline South Residential, LLC and Sunrise Land Partners, LLLP so that they may provide you with information on the products and services they make available to our homebuyers.
You have the opportunity to “opt-out” of having this personal information shared for marketing purposes with third parties at any time. You may opt-out or change your previous election by sending a request using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below. If you do not wish to be contacted by our affiliated companies about products and services they make available to our homebuyers including mortgage financing, insurance, and settlement/closing services, you may change your election by sending a request using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below.
- Third Party Marketing: After you have executed a purchase contract,, we may share your personal information with third parties that have a product, service or other marketing information that we believe may be of interest to you as a home buyer, such as your name, address, telephone number, postal address and e-mail address with these companies in an effort to help you find these resources. These companies may include one or more telecommunications companies, gas companies, and utility providers who serve the community, and subcontractors who have worked on your home so that they may provide you with information on extended service or warranty plans or monitoring or maintenance services they may offer.
You have the opportunity to “opt-out” of having this personal information shared for marketing purposes with third parties at any time. You may opt-out or change your previous election by sending a request using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below.
- Developers: After you have visited or expressed interest in a particular community, we may share your visitor information with the master developer of that community.
- Sale of Business: We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with financing that we seek or in connection with a prospective or completed business transaction, including a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Mattamy or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
- Legal/Compliance: Mattamy, its affiliated companies, and its Canadian, U.S. and other foreign service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
III. Links to Other Websites
IV. Social Media
V. Cookies, Third Party Advertising and Information about our Services
A. Visiting our Website
We and/or our service providers collect IP (Internet protocol) addresses from all visitors to the Website and other related information such as page requests, location, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. This information is used to help us understand our Website activity, and to monitor and improve the Website.
C. Google Analytics
We may use third parties, such as Google Analytics, to collect such data. To learn more about how Google collects and processes data and the choices Google may offer to control these activities, you may visit:
- https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and
D. Third Party Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to strengthen, manage and improve our online and email advertising campaigns. These companies may collect information about your activity on our Website and other websites (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications) and/or apps in order to make predictions about your preferences, develop personalized content and deliver advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We may also partner with ad networks and other companies that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated digital properties. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information these ad networks collect about your visits to our Properties and other non-affiliated websites or apps over time. This information may also be used to evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns.
Opting-Out of Third Party Advertising: You may visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices or www.youradchoices.ca/choices to learn more about third party advertising and how to opt-out of this form of advertising on your web browser by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (“DAAC”) self-regulatory programs. If you wish to opt-out of interest-based advertising in mobile apps on your device by companies that participate in the DAA’s AppChoices app, you may download that app onto your device and exercise your choice. AppChoices is available at: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices
VI. Do Not Track Signals
Mattamy has implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Nevertheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that personal information that you transmit using our Services will be totally secure. We will make legally required disclosures about any compromise of your personal information. To the extent applicable law allows for such notification via email or posting on the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form. Mattamy restricts access to your personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfill their job requirements. Mattamy may disclose personal information about you as required or permitted by law for such purposes as protecting against fraud, resolving consumer disputes or inquiries, reporting to consumer reporting agencies, judicial process, or subpoena.
VIII. Data Retention
Our Services are intended for a general audience and are not intended or permitted for use by children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us by using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below.
X. Your Choices and Access Rights
You may have the right under applicable law to make certain requests about the personal information we collect or maintain about you, and who we disclose it to. This may include the following:
- Request for Disclosure of use. You may have the right under applicable law to request a copy of the following: (1) The categories of personal information we collected about you; (2) The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information (if applicable); (4) The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information; and (5) The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Request for Deletion of personal information. You may have the right under applicable law to request that we delete your personal information (or correct inaccuracies). Note that deletion requests are subject to certain limitations, for example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for recordkeeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
- Request Not to Disclose Personal Information. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties if we have received and processed a request from you not to do so. To submit such a request, please contact us by clicking here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Please note that we may continue to share your personal information with our affiliates, service providers, for essential purposes described above and other such circumstances.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us by using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below. We will respond as required by applicable law and as otherwise deemed appropriate in our reasonable discretion under the circumstances.
XI. Other International Visitors Privacy Rights
Mattamy builds homes and communities in the United States and Canada, and we follow the data protection and consumer protection laws of the United States and Canada and its individual states/provinces and territories. If you reside or are located in a different country, the data protection laws of that country may differ as to protections under data protection laws in your country of residence.
The personal information you submit to Mattamy will be transferred to the United States, Canada or other foreign jurisdictions for the purposes described above which involve: (1) fulfilling a request you submit to us for information about our Services; (2) implementing pre-contractual measures at your request (such as processing your request for information about home buying opportunities in communities that interest you); or (3) enabling the performance of a contract you enter into with Mattamy.
We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. When we no longer have a legitimate business interest in keeping your personal information, we securely delete or destroy it. In determining data retention periods, Mattamy takes into consideration applicable laws, contractual obligations, and what we reasonably believe are your expectations and requirements. For example, if you purchase a home, we will retain your information for as long as you own your home and as long as required by our contracts and by law. If you request information regarding the personal information that we maintain about you, we will fulfill your request as required by applicable law. Note that if you consented to allow the disclosure of your personal information to a non-affiliated third party, we will not be able to take any action with respect to personal information under the control of such third party and you will need to submit your request directly to that third party.
XII. Contact Us
Please contact us if:
- you wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information,
- you wish to opt-out of marketing communications, or
- you otherwise have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information.
You may contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at the following address:
For Residents in Canada:
Mattamy Homes Limited
66 Wellington Street W.
For Residents in the U.S.
Mattamy Homes Corporation
4901 Vineland Road